Collection of your information
You can report an incident anonymously by writing to us at the email id and phone number provided in the Website, and choose to not provide any information that may uniquely identify you. However, when you chose to provide your personal information and use the Website to report an incident, we may collect, process and store the following categories of personal information that are legitimately necessary for us to fulfill our obligations:
- Date / Time of incident
- Personal Identifiers such as first name, last name, gender
- Employee Information such as employee ID, job title,
- Contact Information such as phone number, email address, emergency contact details
- Location Information, country, state, city
- Incident details
- Any other information that we may require during the course of investigation or to establish the authenticity of the request
Processing of the above attributes is necessary for us to investigate your requests, report to the management or to government authorities, ensure security, comply with applicable laws and regulations, fulfillment of our obligations, etc.
We may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways. Some of the possible means of collection are as follows:
- Data collected from various internal teams during investigation
- During interviews scheduled to investigate the incidents/concerns reported by you
- Third party source such as background verification reports
- Personal Information that is collected from Flipkart Asset associated with you.
Use of personal information
While you may report an Incident about you by being anonymous. However, if you wish to reveal your identity, we will process your personal information for variety of legitimate purposes, such as the following:
- To verify your identity
- To create and maintain records for internal evaluation, or other legitimate purpose
- To report to our Ethics Committee or Management responsible for Ethics related matters
- To conduct investigation about your incident/concern such as Bribery, AML, anti-corruption, violation of Code of Conduct, falsifying financial or administrative records or as per the Code of Conduct or other company policies
- For any other legitimate purpose as required by Law.
We will also maintain records of such personal information along with the incident/concerns reported by you. Personal information will be processed in a confidential manner and will be anonymous (if chosen) to the extent as permitted by Law.
We may also process your personal information to comply with necessary obligations such as responding to court orders or notices, defending against claims, etc.
Sharing of personal information
We may share your personal information with our internal business functions for a variety of purposes and also with our group companies. Along with necessary functions or teams involved in investigation, the personal information shared by you will be received by the Global Ethics Office and other relevant stakeholders. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure will help protect the safety, property or rights of Flipkart, our customers, Employees or other persons such as addressing crimes committed on Flipkart property or to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process. Employee Information may be disclosed to a law enforcement agency without your consent under prescribed circumstances. You understand that your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence. In case you want to understand more on raising any ethics related request, please contact your regional HR team or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use data collection devices such as "cookies" on certain pages of the Website to help analyse our web page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. "Cookies" are small files placed on your hard drive that assist us in providing our services. Cookies do not contain any of your personal information. You are always free to decline/delete our cookies if your browser permits.
Security of personal information
We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information. Whenever you access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession, we adhere to our security guidelines to protect it against unauthorized access.
We retain your personal information in accordance with applicable laws, for a period no longer than is required for the purpose for which it was collected or as required under any applicable law. However, we may retain data related to you if we believe it may be necessary to conduct investigation, prevent fraud or future abuse, to enable Flipkart to exercise its legal rights and/or defend against legal claims or if required by law or for other legitimate purposes. We may continue to retain your data in anonymised form for analytical and research purposes.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your personal information that we process is accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date, and any of your personal information that we process that you inform us is inaccurate (having regard to the purposes for which they are processed) and need to be rectified. You can write to us at the contact information provided below to update your personal information.
Last updated: December 2022